Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Start Date: January, 2021
Job description: Programme Manager
Duration: 12 months [subject to renewal] starting January 2021
Who is BOLT?
BOLT is creating the next generation of entrepreneurs. Learning from thousands of entrepreneurs from the UAE, KSA, and the USA, this methodology is the real fabrication of their experiences. BOLT is here to help entrepreneurs build businesses that serve a greater purpose than themselves.
BOLT is collaborating with a venture accelerator for this programme. This team has backed more than 140+ companies or 300 + entrepreneurs in 10 countries. Most significantly, those companies have helped create hundred of jobs and delighted thousands of customers all over the world. Because of their global network and expertise, they are in a unique position to build startup ecosystems worldwide.
What You Will Do
This position will be based in Dubai.
As Program Manager you will manage the implementation of several innovation programs, taking a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the programs’ success. These programs include: accelerator programs, Demo Days, accelerator managers, investors, and more!
- Handle logistics and operations associated with our Ecosystem Programs
- Work cross-functionally and liaise with other internal teams on Ecosystem
- Review and update processes to continuously improve the delivery of our programs
- Support the elaboration of proposals, budgets, and completion of contracts
- Help source and manage internal and external resources to implement programs, including: investment partners, mentors, Entrepreneurs in Residence, experts, etc.
- Help manage relationships with our Ecosystem Partners, which include foreign governmental organizations, large corporations, and foundations
Who You Are
You know how to manage a team. Setting up and implementing processes is second nature to you. You are a self-starter who is able to adapt to change and work independently. You are passionate about the Startup Ecosystem in the United Arab Emirates.
- Experience in managing complex projects that interact with multiple stakeholders
- Highly focused, self-driven and organized, with great attention to detail
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar
- Have at least 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Very adaptable, and very quick learner
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Enthusiastic team player who inspires and helps people around him become even better
- Looking to channel his curiosity and passion for innovation into bridging the knowledge gap between the United Arab Emirates and the world’s growing tech ecosystems
- Excited about working in a diverse environment with different types of people from around the world speaking different languages, exhibiting cross-cultural awareness and understanding
Nice to have
- Experience working internationally
- Familiarity with cross-cultural business
- Natural storyteller
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Experience working within the startup ecosystem
- Opportunity to travel and work with phenomenal people from around the world and participate in networking events through our global network